- Jasmine rice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 c shallots, diced (from 2-3 shallots)
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1.5 lb fresh okra, sliced
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 c grape or cherry tomatoes
Cook rice according to package instructions.
Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Once oil is shimmering, add shallots and sauté 1 minute. Add shrimp and sauté 1 minute on each side. Remove shallot and shrimp mixture from skillet, place in a bowl and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium, add smashed garlic and remaining 1 tbsp oil to skillet. Sauté until brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Add okra and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes more. Add tomatoes, then add reserved shallot and shrimp mixture back to skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes.
To serve, add rice to individual bowls and spoon shrimp and okra mixture overtop.
*Recipe developed by Michiel Perry
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.