- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 thighs) , cut into 1-in pieces
- 2 oz smoked chorizo, casings removed and cut into ¼-inch half-moon slices
- 1 jar Matiz Sofrito
- 1.5 c Matiz Valenciano Paella Rice
- 4 c (1 container) Aneto Seafood Paella Broth
- 1 (4 oz) tin Matiz Organic Mussels, drained
- 1 (4 oz) Matiz Wild Cockles, drained
- 1 (4 oz) Matiz Octopus, drained
- 4 piquillo peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- ¼ c packed flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Heat olive oil in a large paella pan (you can also use a cast-iron skillet or sauté pan) over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add chicken pieces to pan in one layer. Add chorizo and continue cooking, turning chicken to lightly brown on all sides and letting the chorizo render some of its fat, about 4 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium and add the sofrito, stirring to release chicken and chorizo from the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the rice, stirring to distribute evenly and coat with sofrito. Add the paella broth and bring to a boil, being careful not to stir once boiling. Simmer vigorously over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
Top the paella with seafood, spreading evenly over the surface of the rice, pressing them slightly into the rice and liquid to warm. Scatter piquillo pepper strips over the paella, turn the heat down to medium and cook another 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes. Garnish with green onion and parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.