- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 24 oz chicken breast strips, 16 oz sirloin steak strips or 8 oz Daring Original Plant-Based Chicken Pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Southwest Veggie Kit
- 8 oz Simply Organic Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg Maria & Ricardo’s Organic Flour Tortillas
- 1 pkg The Fresh Market shredded cheese
- Lime, cut into wedges (optional)
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken or steak with salt and pepper. Add chicken, steak or Daring chicken in an even layer and cook, turning to sear on all sides (chicken 4-5 minutes, steak 3-4 minutes, Daring chicken 5-7 minutes). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan and add Southwest Veggie Kit.
Sauté until lightly browned and slightly tender, about 5-7 minutes. Return meat to pan and add simmer sauce; stir to combine. Lower heat to medium and simmer 2-3 minutes, or until meat is cooked to preferred temperature.
While fajita mixture simmers, heat a separate pan over mediumhigh heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, to warm and lightly brown on each side, about 30 seconds–1 minute per side. Wrap tortillas in foil to keep warm.
To serve, spoon fajita mixture in warm tortillas. Top with desired amount of shredded cheese and a squeeze of lime.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.