- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz pancetta or bacon, cut into ¼ -in dice
- 20 oz Brussels sprouts, very thinly sliced (easy to do in a food processor with a slicing blade)
- ⅓ c shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 lb fettuccine
- ½ c (2 oz) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
Pour 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a plate.
Add Brussels sprouts to fat in skillet and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in shallots and garlic and cook, stirring often, until sprouts are just tender, about 2 minutes more. Add broth and lemon zest and juice and bring to a boil. Cook until broth is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, add fettuccine to boiling lightly salted water and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to cooking pot.
Add sprouts mixture, cooked pancetta, and ½ c Parmigiano-Reggiano and drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot, with extra cheese on side.
For more delicious recipes, visit your local store to purchase our cookbook, Cooking in Season with The Fresh Market.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.