- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil , divided
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. finely shredded green or purple cabbage, for serving
- 12 to 24 corn tortillas, heated according to package directions
- 1 ¼ lbs. cod fillets or other firm fleshed fish fillets
- 3 ripe mangos, pitted, peeled, and cut into ½ inch dice (see note)
- 2 tbsp. shallots or red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
To prepare fish: In a glass or ceramic baking dish, whisk together 1 tbsp. oil, lime juice, chili powder, and salt. Add cod and turn to coat with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while making salsa.
To make salsa: Combine all salsa ingredients in a serving bowl. Cover and set aside at room temperature.
Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cod and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown and opaque when pierced in thickest part with tip of a knife, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and break fish into bite-sized chunks.
For each taco, fill a single tortilla (or two stacked tortillas) with some fish, a spoonful of salsa, and a sprinkle of cabbage. Fold in half and serve at once.
Peeling mangos: Place fruit on its side on a work surface. The pit will be running horizontally through the center of the fruit. Using a sharp knife, cut off the top of the fruit just above the pit. Turn the mango flat side down and cut off the other side of the fruit. Using a large metal serving spoon, scoop the mango flesh from each portion in one piece. The peeled mango can now be sliced. Pare off the flesh remaining on the pit with a small knife to eat as your reward.