- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp. The Fresh Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (6 to 8 lbs.) standing rib roast, trimmed and tied
Preheat oven to 425°. Remove roast from refrigerator and place on a rack in a heavy roasting pan. Let stand a least 30 minutes before cooking.
Combine garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and olive oil in small bowl. Pour over standing rib roast and use hands to coat liberally.
Place in oven and roast for approximately 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and cook 17 minutes per pound for approximately 2- 2 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 5 degrees below your desired level of doneness.
125-130°F / Rare 130-135°F / Medium Rare 135-140°F / Medium 140-150°F / Medium Well 155-160°F / Well Done
Transfer to a carving board, cover with aluminum foil, and let stand for 15 minutes. Remove twine and pull off bones before carving.