- Canola oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1-in thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ c fresh cherries, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped, seeds included (amount depending on desired heat level)
- 3 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
Heat a grill over medium. Brush grill grates with canola oil. While grill is heating, allow pork chops to come to room temperature and season chops with salt and pepper to taste. Grill pork chops for about 6-8 minutes, turning halfway through to brown evenly. They should have a nice char with a barely pink center, with an internal temperature of 145°F. Remove pork chops to rest.
In a medium bowl, combine cherries and remaining ingredients and season with salt to taste. This can be made a day ahead, just allow time for it to come to room temperature before serving. Spoon over grilled pork chops.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.