- 4 whole portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 c grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 c fresh mini mozzarella balls
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c fresh basil, chopped
Prepare grill to medium heat. Using a spoon, scrap out gills from each mushroom and discard. Drizzle 3 tbsp olive oil evenly over both sides of mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, basil and salt and pepper, to taste.
Place mushrooms on grill, gill side down, and grill 5-7 minutes. Flip and spoon tomato mixture evenly into each mushroom. Close grill lid and cook 5 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted and mushrooms are tender. Serve immediately
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.