- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 tbsp parmigiana reggiano, freshly grated
- 4 heads romaine hearts, washed and dried, ends trimmed and romaine halved, lengthwise
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic loaf, cut into 2-in slices
Prepare an outdoor grill to medium heat. While grill heats, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, anchovy paste and parmigiana reggiano, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Drizzle olive oil evenly over both sides of lettuce and over both sides of each bread slice. Place bread slices and romaine on grill. Cook romaine halves 30 seconds-1 minute on each side, until they are lightly charred. Remove to a serving platter, cut side up. Continue to grill bread slices until they are slightly charred, about 1 minute more. Cube grilled bread and distribute around romaine hearts. Drizzle lettuce and bread with dressing and serve immediately.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.