- 1 lb. ground chuck
- ½ lb. ground pork
- ½ c. red onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- ½ c. Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¾ tsp. garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp. all purpose seasoning
- 2 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 4 tbsp. The Fresh Market Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ c. vegetable oil, for brushing the grill rack
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 fresh pineapple rings, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped; divided
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
To make the patties, combine the chuck, pork, onion, bacon, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, pepper, seasoning, mustard, and teriyaki sauce in a large bowl. Handling meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and form patties, slightly larger than bun size.
When grill is ready, brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Place patties on rack, cover, and cook, turning once, until done (165‘F), about 7 minutes on each side. Grill pineapple rings after turning burgers, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. During the last few minutes of cooking, place buns, cut side down, on outer edges of rack to toast lightly.
To assemble burgers, on each roll bottom, place a burger and a grilled pineapple ring. Brush bun tops with teriyaki sauce, sprinkle with ½ tbsp. of cilantro and serve.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.