- 1 lb ground chuck
- ½ lb ground pork
- ½ c red onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- ½ c panko bread crumbs
- ¾ tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¾ tsp all purpose seasoning
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- ¼ c vegetable oil, for brushing the grill rack
- 6 fresh pineapple rings, thinly sliced
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped; divided
Prepare a medium hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover or preheat a gas grill to medium high.
To make the patties, combine the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Handling meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and form patties slightly larger than bun size.
When grill is ready, brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Place patties on rack, cover, and cook, turning once, until done (165°F), about 7 minutes on each side. Grill pineapple rings after turning burgers, about 2-3 minutes on each side. During the last few minutes of cooking, place buns, cut-side down, on outer edges of rack to toast lightly.
To assemble burgers, on each roll bottom, place a burger and a grilled pineapple ring. Brush bun tops with teriyaki sauce, sprinkle with ½ tbsp of cilantro and serve.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.