- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 loaf Rubschlager Cocktail Bread, heels discarded
- 1 European cucumber, sliced very thinly
- 4 oz watercress or arugula
In a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until fluffy and smooth, about 5 minutes. Add all of the herbs and lemon zest, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Whip to combine, about 2 minutes.
Spread 1 tsp of the cream cheese-herb mixture evenly onto two pieces of bread. Arrange cucumber slices over one piece of bread. Top with greens and the other slice of bread. Gently smush the top piece of the bread down and slice in half diagonally. Top each mini sandwich with a folded cucumber slice, skewered with a toothpick. Repeat this process until you have used all remaining bread.
Tip: Plan ahead to let your butter and cream cheese come to room temperature for at least an hour. You can even leave them out overnight. If making these ahead of time, it’s best to cover the sandwiches with a damp towel and a sheet pan, so they don’t dry out (they can be made up to an hour in advance).
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.