- 3 ½ lb. nectarines, halved, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- ¼ c. honey
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 quart The Fresh Market Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 jar The Fresh Market Lemon Curd
- 2 The Fresh Market French Vanilla Pound Cakes, cubed
- For garnish (optional):
- Desired amount of fresh nectarine slices, crushed pistachios, mint, fresh raspberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place nectarine slices, honey and lemon juice in a large bowl and toss to coat. Spread mixture evenly in one layer on rimmed roasting pans and roast for about 15 minutes, until caramelized and juicy. Transfer fruit and accumulated juices to a bowl and let cool.
Pour heavy whipping cream into a chilled stainless steel bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed until the cream begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in lemon curd a little at a time until fully incorporated.
To assemble the trifle, add a singer layer of pound cake to the bottom of a large trifle dish, cover with nectarines and then lemon cream. Repeat to make 3 or 4 more layers, finishing with a layer of lemon cream on top. Garnish with fresh nectarine slices, crushed pistachios, mint and fresh raspberries, if desired.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.