- 1 ½ tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 Southwest Veggie Kit
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 (10.6 oz) boxes Upton’s Original Jackfruit
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pouch Simply Organic Classic Fajita Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg Maria & Ricardo’s Organic Flour Tortillas
- 1 (8 oz) pkg The Fresh Market Shredded Cheese
- Avocado, for serving
- Daisy Sour Cream Lime, quartered
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
In large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp canola oil and the Southwest Vegetable Kit. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables soften, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
In the same skillet over medium heat, add remaining ½ tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add both packages of jackfruit. Season with salt to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, breaking up the jackfruit into smaller chunks or shreds if you prefer. Add vegetables to skillet and add desired amount of sauce (enough to coat the fruit and veggies) and stir to evenly distribute. Allow to simmer 5 minutes.
While fajita mixture simmers, heat a separate pan over medium high heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, to warm and lightly brown on each side, about 30 seconds – 1 minute per side.
To serve, spoon fajita mixture in warm tortillas. Top with a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.