- 4 oz. meaty salt pork or slab bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 stalks of celery with leaves, finely chopped
- The Fresh Market Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Grinder, to taste
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 1 bottle clam juice (8 ounces)
- 1 ½ c. seafood stock
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 ½ lbs. skinless cod, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 ½ c. heavy whipping cream (can use up to 2 c.)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh chives, for garnish
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat and cook salt pork or bacon until brown, but not crisp, 8-10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to paper towels to drain.
Add butter, onion, and celery to drippings in the pot; season with The Fresh Market Sea Salt & Black Peppercorn Grinder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion and celery are soft, 5-8 minutes.
Add potatoes, clam juice, seafood stock, and thyme; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
Season cod with The Fresh Market Sea Salt & Black Peppercorn Grinder and place fish on top of potatoes. Cover pot and cook (liquid should be barely simmering) until fish is opaque throughout, 5-7 minutes. Thicker pieces will take longer to cook.
Add heavy whipping cream and return to a simmer. At this point, the fish will break into smaller pieces. Season with The Fresh Market Sea Salt & Black Peppercorn Grinder and garnish with bacon, parsley and chives just before serving.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.