- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 (4 oz) logs The Fresh Market Garlic & Herb Goat’s Milk Cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ c crème fraiche, at room temperature
- ½ c cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (heaping) tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp The Fresh Market Balsamic Glaze
- Crackers, for serving
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Once oil is shimmering, add onion and season with salt to taste. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring periodically, adding a bit of water if the skillet gets dry (the water will also help give the onion a nice uniform brown color). Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking for 30 minutes, stirring every so often and adding a bit of water as needed. Once caramelized, remove from heat, transfer onions to a plate and spread out in an even layer to cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (a hand mixer will also work fine), combine goat cheese and crème fraiche and whip on medium speed until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Season with salt to taste and use a spatula to fold in cooled onions. Transfer dip to a serving bowl.
In a separate small bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, balsamic glaze and a pinch of salt. To serve, make a small well in the center to the onion dip. Spoon tomato mixture in the center and serve with crackers.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.