For the Roasted Corn:
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- ½ c. chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp. The Fresh Market Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. The Fresh Market Pepper
For the Cream Sauce:
- 3 to 4 Hatch chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 c. The Fresh Market heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. The Fresh Market Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. The Fresh Market pepper
- ¼ tsp. The Fresh Market ground cumin
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tsp. lime juice
For the Scallops:
- 4 tbsp. The Fresh Market unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. The Fresh Market safflower oil
- 20 large sea scallops (about 1½ lbs.)
Preheat grill to medium-high (375˚F). Grill corn for 10-15 minutes, turning every few minutes, until charred. Cool slightly and use a knife to remove kernels from the cob. Place in a medium bowl; add peppers, lime juice, salt and pepper. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Place chile and cilantro in a food processor and pulse to puree. Transfer to a small sauce pan and add remaining sauce ingredients; set over low heat.
Heat half of the butter and oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, fry scallops (in 2 batches or use 2 skillets) for 3 minutes per side, until flesh is firm and lightly browned and no longer opaque. Serve scallops immediately alongside warmed sauce and roasted corn. Makes 4 servings based on 5 scallops, ¼ cup sauce and ¾ cup corn.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.