- 2 tbsp. The Fresh Market Mediterranean Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. crushed chili pepper
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes (14.5 oz.), drained
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch of saffron threads
- ½ c. water
- Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Grinder, to taste
- 4 skinless cod fillets (5 oz. each)
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and crushed chili pepper and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. The garlic should not brown. Add tomatoes and crush with your hands as you add them to the pan.
Add wine, bay leaves, saffron, and ½ c. water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until flavors meld, 5-7 minutes.
Season with The Fresh Market Sea Salt & Black Peppercorn Grinder. Reduce heat to medium-low. Season cod with a few grinds of The Fresh Market Sea Salt & Black Peppercorn Grinder, then place in skillet. Cover and cook at a bare simmer until cod is opaque throughout and beginning to flake, 5-7 minutes. Thicker pieces will take longer to cook.
Gently transfer cod fillets to shallow bowls for serving and spoon poaching liquid over.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.