- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 24 oz chicken breast strips, 16 oz sirloin steak strips or 8 oz Daring Original Plant-Based Chicken Pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Southwest Veggie Kit
- 8 oz Simply Organic Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg Maria & Ricardo’s Organic Flour Tortillas
- 1 pkg The Fresh Market shredded cheese
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken or steak with salt and pepper. Add chicken, steak or Daring chicken in an even layer and cook, turning to sear on all sides (chicken 5-6 minutes, steak 3-5 minutes, Daring chicken 6-7 minutes). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan and add Southwest veggie kit. Sauté until lightly browned and slightly tender, about 5-7 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add meat back to the pan along with simmer sauce, stirring well to combine. Simmer until warmed through, 1-2 minutes.
Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat. Add a single tortilla, sprinkle with a layer of shredded cheese, and on half the tortilla add a layer of meat and veggie filling and chopped cilantro, if desired. Cook for 1 minute until cheese starts to melt, and fold the tortilla in half on top of the filling. Cook for 2-3 minutes until underside is golden brown and crispy, then flip and cook the other side another 1-2 minutes.
Transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board and cut it in half to serve. Repeat to make desired amount of quesadillas. Serve immediately.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.