- 1 c. medium-grain bulgur wheat
- 1 ¾ c. boiling water
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (about 10) radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ⅓ c. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 green onions, including green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, separated into individual leaves
Combine bulgur and boiling water in a medium bowl. Stir well and let stand until bulgur is tender, about 45 minutes. Drain well in a wire sieve, pressing hard on bulgur with a large spoon to remove any excess liquid.
Whisk together lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add bulgur, radishes, parsley, and green onions and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Season tabbouleh with salt and pepper (grain salads tend to need seasoning again after soaking up dressing). Line a serving platter with romaine leaves and heap the tabbouleh on top. Serve chilled or at room temperature, using the leaves to scoop up and eat the tabbouleh, if desired.
For more delicious recipes, visit your local store to purchase our cookbook, Cooking in Season with The Fresh Market.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.