- 2 fennel bulbs, cored and thinly sliced, fronds reserved for serving
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced and 1 halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets, skin on
- ¾ c harissa (found in the international foods aisle)
- ¼ c fresh mint, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Spread fennel and lemon slices on sheet pan and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook for 7 minutes.
Remove from oven and push fennel and lemons to one side. Add salmon to baking sheet, skin side-down, and brush each fillet evenly with harissa. Return to oven and cook 7 minutes. Turn on broiler and move pan to top rack of oven so salmon is a few inches below heat. Broil 3 minutes, or until salmon has developed a nice golden crust and is cooked to desired level of doneness.
Top with mint, a squeeze of lemon juice and a scattering of reserved fennel fronds. Serve immediately.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.