Roast Lamb With Harissa
- One (3½ lb) semi boneless leg of lamb
- ¼ c + 1 tbsp Mina Mild Harissa, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced in half
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 large (2 lb) baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 c grape or cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ c Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ c dry white wine
- 1 c reduced-sodium beef or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
Using a thin knife, trim excess fat and silver skin from the lamb. Using the knife tip, cut 12 slits, about 1-inch wide and deep, into the meaty parts of the lamb. Spread ¼ c harissa over the lamb, pushing some of the harissa into the slits. Insert 1 garlic clove half into each slit. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6-24 hours.
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Remove lamb from refrigerator and season with 1 tsp salt. Toss potato wedges with 2 tbsp oil, season with salt and pepper, and spread in a single layer in a roasting pan.
Place lamb on top of potatoes and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Place in oven and roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the lamb, not touching a bone, reads 125°F for medium-rare, about 1¼ hours. During the last 15 minutes of cooking time scatter tomatoes and olives in the pan.
Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and the vegetables to a serving platter. Tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Heat the roasting pan over high heat until sizzling. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping up the browned bits in the pan. Season to taste with salt. Stir in broth and boil until reduced by half, 3-4 minutes. Whisk in the remaining 1 tbsp harissa. Pour into a sauceboat.
Carve the lamb and serve alongside vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and mint. Serve with the sauce on the side.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.
Need Help? We Can Help
Do you need to address any issues or concerns? Store, company and merchant inquiries can be addressed by filling out our Guest Care Form.