- 14 oz goat cheese (two 7 oz logs)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 c extra virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 3 tbsp Lucero Bianco White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced
- ¼ tsp The Fresh Market Alderwood Smoked Salt, plus more for serving
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
Roasted Squash and Beets
- 1 lb The Fresh Market Butternut Squash Cubes
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium sized beets
- 1 (5 oz) container baby arugula
- ¼ c shelled pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
To make dressing: Place 14 oz goat cheese in a small container or glass bowl. Add 2 cloves of crushed and peeled garlic, 2 tsp fresh dill and enough oil to barely cover the cheese. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days. Then add remaining ingredients and mix.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss squash with oil on a large rimmed sheet pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Wrap each beet in aluminum foil and add to pan with squash. Roast veggies, turning squash halfway through cooking, until nicely browned and tender when pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes. Remove squash but allow beets to continue cooking until tender, about 30 minutes more. Let veggies cool completely. Peel beets and cut into bite-sized chunks. Transfer veggies to a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
In a large bowl, toss arugula with about half the dressing. Divide arugula between 8 dinner plates. Place equal amounts of butternut squash, beets and cheese on top of arugula. Sprinkle with smoked salt. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Scatter pistachios on top and serve immediately.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.