- 16 carrots with tops, peeled and green tops trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- ¼ c Terrapin Ridge Farms Cherry, Apple and Rosemary Glaze
- 1¼ c red quinoa
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp Terrapin Ridge Farms Tart Cherry, Apple and Rosemary Glaze
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ c dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 5 oz baby arugula
- ½ c pomegranate seeds
- ½ c roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- ½ c Feta cheese, crumbled
For the carrots: Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss carrots with the oil and salt on a large rimmed sheet pan. Roast until carrots are almost tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Drizzle carrots with ¼ c of glaze and roll on the sheet pan to coat them. Return to oven to roast until glaze is reduced, about 5 minutes. Let cool on the sheet.
For the quinoa: Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under cold running water. (This removes the natural bitter coating on the quinoa grains.) Transfer to a medium saucepan, add 2 ½ c water and salt, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover tightly and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer until quinoa is tender and has absorbed the liquid, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let quinoa cool.
Whisk 2 tbsp of the glaze, vinegar and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Add quinoa, cherries, arugula and toss to coast in dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a large serving platter. Arrange the carrots on top and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and feta cheese.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.