- 1 tbsp + ⅓ c extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 rack of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ c packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium high. Season each side of lamb liberally with salt and pepper. Place lamb (meaty side-down) in skillet and sear until browned, about 3 minutes, then flip. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of lamb reads 135°F for medium rare, about 25-30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine garlic, mint, parsley and vinegar in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir in remaining 1/3 c of olive oil. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
To serve, slice lamb between bones and arrange on platter and spoon chimichurri overtop.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.