Salmon with Cherries, Farro and Arugula
- 1 c farro, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 ½ c cherries, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp good quality sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ lb wild salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 c arugula (or baby kale)
- ¼ c roasted salted pistachios, finely chopped
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
In a medium bowl, stir cherries, shallot, vinegar, 2 tbsp oil, ¼ tsp each salt and pepper together and set aside. This can be made a day ahead, just allow time for it to come to room temperature before serving.
Sprinkle salmon with ½ tsp each salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium-high. Place salmon, skin-side up, in skillet and cook until deep golden, about 3 minutes. Flip fish and cook until skin is crisp and fish is cooked to desired degree of doneness, about 3 minutes. The internal temperature of the salmon should reach 145°F or higher on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer salmon to a platter.
In a large bowl, combine farro, greens, lemon juice, remaining 2 tbsp oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper and stir to combine. Spoon cherry sauce over salmon and sprinkle with pistachios and serve with farro salad.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.
Need Help? We Can Help
Do you need to address any issues or concerns? Store, company and merchant inquiries can be addressed by filling out our Guest Care Form.