Sheet Pan Spring Vegetable Hash with Fried Eggs
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for sheet pan
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large shallots, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 yellow bell pepper or 6 small sweet peppers, seeded and cut in large chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ lb fresh spinach
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Drizzle a little olive oil on the foil. Place veggies close together on the pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, then toss to coat and spread out in an even layer. Bake 30 minutes, until vegetables are cooked through. Remove pan from oven, sprinkle the spinach over the vegetables, and gently fold them over, to incorporate it. Bake 5 minutes more.
Meanwhile, place a sauté pan over medium heat. Add butter and let it foam. Crack in the eggs, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and fry them to your preference. Divide hash among 4 plates and top each portion with a fried egg and parsley. Serve with your favorite hot sauce, if you like. Serve with a croissant or lightly toasted Rye bread with salted butter.
Tip: To save time, you can cut up the hash vegetables the night before and store then in the fridge in a covered container till you are ready to roast them.
*Recipe developed by Chef Gale Gand
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.
Need Help? We Can Help
Do you need to address any issues or concerns? Store, company and merchant inquiries can be addressed by filling out our Guest Care Form.