- ½ c chorizo (found in our deli), diced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ⅓ c chicken or fish stock, or dry white wine
- 1 (15 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 lb Wild American Shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 lemon, for serving
- Parsley, for serving
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add chorizo and cook until fat has rendered and pieces are crispy, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add shallot; cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and paprika and sauté for 1 minute more. Add stock or wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add shrimp and simmer until shrimp are pink and cooked through, 3-5 minutes. Serve with a generous squeeze of lemon, fresh parsley and crusty bread.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.