- 1 package The Fresh Market Garlic & Herb Linguine (available fresh in deli dept.)
- ¼ c. The Fresh Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- ¾ lb. Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 package The Fresh Market Pasta Veggie Kit
- 1 jar Dave’s Gourmet Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce
- Fresh basil
Pasta Sauce Veggie Kit:
- 1 c. diced tomatoes
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1 c. diced green bell pepper
- 1 c. diced yellow bell pepper
- 4 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 sprigs of fresh oregano
Cook pasta according to the package directions, being sure to drain when pasta is just al dente.
Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp into the pan in a single layer. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, until they are pink with slight browning. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add remaining 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add all of the vegetables from the kit reserving the oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sauté for 5-6 minutes until soft and the onions have turned slightly translucent.
While veggies sauté, strip the leaves from the oregano stems and chop. Add oregano to the veggies along with 1 jar of sauce. Reduce heat to medium and bring to a gentle simmer.
Place the noodles into a large serving bowl and pour over the warm sauce. Toss to combine. Place the shrimp on top of the sauced pasta and serve family style topped with fresh basil.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.