- ½ lb bacon, sliced
- ½ bag The Fresh Market frozen baby lima beans, partially thawed
- ½ c red onion, diced
- 2 ears of corn, grilled until slightly charred, kernels removed and reserved
- 1 c red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pt grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp sherry or cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs peeled, deveined shrimp
Chipotle Sauce Ingredients:
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- Juice of ½ lime
- Pinch of salt
Heat a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Use scissors or a sharp knife to slice bacon in thin pieces and add to pan. Cook until bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan and allow to drain on paper towel-lined plate. Reduce heat to medium, add lima beans and coat with bacon fat, allowing lima beans to warm through.
In a large bowl add onion, corn, red bell pepper, tomatoes, vinegar and cooked bacon. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add lima beans with bacon fat to the vegetable mixture, stir to combine. This mixture can be made up to 2 days in advance.
Thread the shrimp on skewers and season with salt and pepper. Heat grill on medium high heat and sear shrimp on each side until just pink, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate. To serve, place succotash on a large serving platter and top with shrimp. Drizzle with chipotle sauce and serve immediately.
Chipotle Sauce: Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth. Taste for seasoning. If you would like more heat add additional chopped chipotle peppers.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.