- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 c onion, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tsp curry powder, or to taste
- 1 c canned coconut milk
- 2 limes (1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges for serving)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 c basmati rice, prepared according to package directions
- Basil, freshly chopped for serving
- Bean sprouts, for serving
Add oil to a large, deep skillet and heat over medium until oil shimmers, about 5 minutes. Add onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder, coconut milk and lime juice, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5-8 minutes.
While sauce simmers, season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Add shrimp to sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add bok choy for the final 2 minutes of cooking time until just barely tender. Add salt to taste and serve immediately with rice, basil, bean sprouts and lime wedges.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.