- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 ½ lb Chicken Breast Strips
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Southwest Veggie Kit
- 1 pouch Simply Organic Southwest Taco Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg La Tortilla Handmade Style Corn Tortillas
- Daisy Brand Sour Cream
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
Southwest Veggie Kit:
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
In large skillet, add oil and heat over medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until brown on all sides and the juices run clear, about 5-6 minutes. Remove to plate.
Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan and add vegetables from veggie kit. Sauté until lightly browned and slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to medium and add taco skillet sauce to the pan. Simmer until the mixture is warm and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
While mixture simmers, heat a separate pan over medium high heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, to warm and lightly brown on each side, about 30 seconds – 1 minute per side.
To serve, spoon chicken in warm tortillas and top with sour cream, a squeeze of lime and cilantro.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.