- 1 lb skirt steak
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 ½ tbsp Haku Mizunara Whisky Barrel Aged Shoyu, divided
- 1 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Meyer lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (5oz) container The Fresh Market Organic Baby Butter Lettuces
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- ¼ c radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ c shaved Parmesan
- 1 tbsp chives, thinly sliced
Heat a cast iron skillet over high until very hot. Sprinkle steak with salt and ¼ tsp pepper and set aside. Add butter and swirl to coat skillet. Place steak in skillet and cook to desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare (or until internal temperature reaches 130°F). Move steak to a cutting board and brush on both sides with ½ tbsp Shoyu. Let rest 5 minutes.
While steak rests, whisk together remaining 3 tbsp shoyu, lemon zest and juice and remaining ¼ tsp pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly stream in oil, whisking constantly until thickened. Arrange lettuce and fennel on a large platter. Top with radishes. Thinly slice steak against the grain and arrange over salad. Add parmesan overtop steak. Sprinkle with chives and drizzle with ¼ c of dressing. Serve with remaining dressing.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.