- 1 ½ c Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¾ c plain Greek yogurt (non-fat or full-fat)
- ¼ c King Arthur Baking Sugar Alternative
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 2 tbsp brewed coffee or espresso
- 2 tsp The Fresh Market Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp King Arthur Baking Sugar Alternative, plus more for serving
- Fresh berries, for serving
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler. While chocolate chips are melting, in a small saucepan, combine egg yolks, Greek yogurt, King Arthur Baking Sugar Alternative and salt and whisk steadily over low heat, cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in melted chocolate, coffee and 1 tsp vanilla. Set mixture aside to cool.
Using a hand mixer on medium speed, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Use a spatula to gently fold egg whites into melted chocolate mixture in batches, being making sure there are no pockets of egg whites throughout. Once mixture is homogenous, transfer to a medium sized bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours so mousse can chill and set. (Alternatively, the mixture can be divided among serving glasses or bowls to chill.)
Using a hand mixer on medium speed, whip heavy cream, 3 tbsp King Arthur Baking Sugar Alternative and remaining 1 tsp vanilla in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Serve mousse with fresh whipped cream and berries.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.