- 1 ½ c Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¾ c plain Greek yogurt (non-fat or full-fat)
- ¼ c Swerve Brown Sugar Replacement, packed
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 2 tbsp brewed coffee or espresso
- 2 tsp The Fresh Market Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Swerve Confectioners Sugar Replacement, plus more for serving
- Fresh berries, for serving
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler. While chocolate chips are melting, in a small saucepan, combine egg yolks, Greek yogurt, Swerve and salt and whisk steadily over low heat, cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in melted chocolate, coffee and 1 tsp vanilla. Set mixture aside to cool.
In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer with whisk attachments, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Use a spatula to gently fold egg whites into melted chocolate mixture in batches, being making sure there are no pockets of egg whites throughout. Once mixture is homogenous, transfer to a medium sized bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours so mousse can chill and set. (Alternatively, the mixture can be divided among serving glasses or bowls to chill.)
Whip heavy cream, Swerve Confectioners and remaining 1 tsp vanilla in the bowl of a stand or electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Serve mousse with a dusting of confectioners sugar, fresh whipped cream and berries.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.