- 3 medium sized golden beets, trimmed, peeled, and cut into quarters
- 6 large carrots, trimmed, peeled, and halved
- 3 tbsp. + ½ c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 medium sized head of garlic, end cut off
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp. smoked paprika
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 large or 2 small bread boules, for serving
- ¼ c. crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
- 2 tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, minced, for garnish
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, minced, for garnish
- pita, naan, flatbreads, or french rounds, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss beets and carrots with 2 tbsp. oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Wrap garlic in foil packet and drizzle with 1 tbsp. oil before sealing. Arrange veggies and garlic on rimmed baking sheet and roast 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and edges are golden brown, flipping veggies halfway through cooking.
When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze cloves out of papery skin and set aside. Place beets, carrots, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until broken down a bit. Then, with processor running, drizzle in ½ c. oil, honey, ¼ tsp. sea salt, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, and lime zest and juice. Season with sea salt, to taste.
Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and top with feta, parsley, and chives. Serve with pita, naan, flatbreads, or The Fresh Market French Rounds.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.