- 3 medium sized golden beets, trimmed, peeled and cut into quarters
- 6 large carrots, trimmed, peeled and halved
- 3 tbsp + ½ c extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 medium sized head of garlic, end cut off
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 large or 2 small bread boules, for serving
- ¼ c crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, minced, for serving
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced, for serving
- Pita, naan, flatbreads or French rounds, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss beets and carrots with 2 tbsp oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Wrap garlic in foil packet and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil before sealing. Arrange veggies and garlic on rimmed baking sheet and roast 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and edges are golden brown, flipping veggies halfway through cooking.
When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze cloves out of papery skin and set aside. Place beets, carrots and garlic in a food processor and pulse until broken down a bit. Then, with processor running, drizzle in ½ c oil, honey, ¼ tsp sea salt, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and lime zest and juice. Season with sea salt, to taste.
Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and top with feta, parsley, and chives. Serve with pita, naan, flatbreads or The Fresh Market French Rounds.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.