- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, skin scrubbed and cubed
- 1 tsp kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 links Chorizo sausage, sliced in half moons
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped, about 3 c
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 c Freekeh
- ½ c pinot gris
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 4 c chicken stock
In a large stockpot, add olive oil and heat over medium high for 2 minutes. Add onion and sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and continue to cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add kale, spices and Freekeh; stir to thoroughly combine.
Remove pot from heat and add wine, scraping up the browned bits from bottom. Add tomatoes and stock. Once stew comes to a boil reduce heat to medium low and simmer until sweet potatoes are fork tender and Freekeh is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.