- Root Vegetable Kit
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast strips
- 7 oz pkg Kevin’s Paleo Keto Thai Coconut Sauce
- 2 (8.5 oz pkg) Organic Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa Brown Rice Blend
- 1 ½ c edamame
- Lime wedges, for serving
Root Veggie Kit
- 1 c beets, chopped into cubes
- 1 c turnips, chopping into cubes
- 1 c sweet potatoes, chopping into cubes
- Green onion, chopped and reserved
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil.
Add vegetables from veggie kit to a large bowl, toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread in a single layer on the sheet pan and place in oven to roast for 30 minutes, tossing the veggies midway through.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add remaining 1 tbsp oil and heat over medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until brown on all sides and the juices run clear, about 5-6 minutes.
Once chicken is cooked, reduce heat to low add all of the sauce to the pan. Simmer 2-3 minutes and check that the thickest piece of the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from heat.
Prepare the quinoa/rice pouches according to the package instructions.
To serve, divide quinoa/rice mixture equally among 4 bowls. Top each with chicken and sauce mixture, roasted veggies, edamame and reserved green onion and lime wedges.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.