- 1 (2 ½ lb.) beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 450º. Season beef generously with salt and pepper to taste. Over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil to a large nonstick skillet. Brown beef on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
In a bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, mustard, garlic and thyme. Rub mixture evenly over meat. Spread potatoes on sheet pan or roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Lay beef on top. Roast 30-35 minutes or until beef reached internal temp of 130 for medium rare. Remove beef to cutting board to rest for 30 minutes. Slice and serve alongside roasted potatoes.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.