- 1 (2 ½ lbs) beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 450°F. Season beef generously with salt and pepper. Over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp oil to a large nonstick skillet until it shimmers. Brown beef on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
In a bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil with the mustard, garlic and thyme. Rub mixture evenly over meat. Spread potatoes on sheet pan or roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Lay beef on top. Roast 30-35 minutes or until beef reached internal temp of 130°F for medium rare. Remove beef to cutting board to rest for 30 minutes. Slice and serve alongside roasted potatoes.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.