- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 1 Lettuce Wrap Kit
- ¾ c Urban Accents Thai Chili Taco Simmer Sauce
- 1 pkg romaine hearts, leaves rinsed and dried
- Sesame seeds, peanuts and/or cashews, for serving
Lettuce Wrap Kit
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ c shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ c Shitake mushrooms, chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, about 2-3 minutes. Add your protein to pan and crumble using a spatula. Cook 5-10 minutes until no pink remains.
While your protein cooks, roughly chop the veggies from Lettuce Wrap Kit, reserving a handful of carrots and scallions for garnish. Add veggies, 1 tbsp garlic and ginger to pan and sauté 3-4 minutes until veggies are softened.
Add sauce and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
To serve, spoon mixture into romaine hearts and top with remaining carrots, scallions and extra sauce if desired. Top with sesame seeds and nuts.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.