- 3 c assorted grapes (Red Holiday Grapes and green seedless grapes)
- ½ c sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 navel orange (remove zest with vegetable peeler in strips)
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 2 (750 ml) bottles Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
- ½ c lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 (16.9 fl oz) bottles Fentiman’s Ginger Beer & Muddled Lime, chilled
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Special equipment: Punch bowl
Lay grapes in an even layer on a sheet pan and freeze (a minimum of 2 hours and up to overnight)
In a small saucepan bring the sugar and ½ c water to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add orange zest and rosemary, remove from heat, and let cool slightly. Strain syrup through a fine wire sieve into a medium bowl. (Syrup can be made and refrigerated up to 1 day in advance.) Add orange juice, lime juice, orange slices and lime slices and stir to combine. Chill mixture for at least 2 hours.
Combine wine, syrup mixture and frozen grapes in a punch bowl.
To serve, ladle about ½ c of the punch into a punch glass, leaving some room at the top for a generous splash of the ginger beer (about ¼ c). Serve immediately, garnishing each serving with a rosemary sprig.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.