- 1 c. vegetable broth or water
- 2 c. riced cauliflower (fresh)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. sweet onion
- 4 oz. exotic mushrooms
- ½ lb. asparagus, cleaned and thinly diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lb. linguini noodles, cooked according to boxed directions
Prepare the sauce by bringing the broth to a simmer in a large pan. Stir the riced cauliflower into the broth and cover with a heavy lid and let simmer 7 minutes. Pour the broth, cauliflower, and 1 tbsp. kosher salt into a heavy duty blender on high speed until a smooth consistency is reached, adding more broth as needed.
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium high heat and sauté the onions and mushroom until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have released most of their liquid. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and cook 2 more additional minutes. Add the cauliflower sauce to the pan. Stir the vegetables into the sauce and bring the sauce to a simmer. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat the pasta and serve immediately.
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.