- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 thighs), cut into 1-in pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz smoked chorizo, casings removed and cut into ¼-in slices (from out deli dept.)
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Rumi Sweet & Smoky Paella Saffron Spice Blend
- 1 c Bomba Rice
- ½ c canned diced tomatoes
- 1 ¾ c Aneto Cooking Base for Seafood Paella
- 1 (2.4 oz) tin Matiz Organic Mussels in Olive Oil and Vinegar, drained (from our tinned seafood aisle)
- 4 D.O.Piquillo Peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- ¼ c packed flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet or paella pan over medium high heat until it shimmers. Season chicken pieces salt and pepper and add to pan. Add chorizo and continue cooking, turning chicken to brown on all sides and rendering chorizo fat, about 4 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium low and add onion, garlic and paella saffron spice blend, stirring often for about 3 minutes. Add rice, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
Stir in diced tomatoes and cooking base, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and turn heat to low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 10 minutes undisturbed.
Uncover and top evenly with mussels, pressing them slightly into the rice to warm. Scatter piquillo pepper strips over the paella, cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and garnish with green onion and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Shop Recipe Ingredients
Tell Us What You Think
Rate this recipe to get started.