Cheese, charcuterie, pasta, cannoli—what more could you want?
There’s so much to love about Italian cuisine, and so much to discover. Explore some of our favorite Italian and Italy-inspired products, along with recipes and tips to enjoy these items and more. There’s cheese, of course—from hand-wrapped mozzarella to the King of Cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano. If you’re entertaining, our Italian charcuterie is a must. For quick and easy comfort foods, try our Deli’s stromboli or lasagna. And then there’s dessert (hello, gelato).
Read on to explore all the delicious ways you can bring a taste of Italy to your own kitchen.
Our mozzarella is made weekly and hand-wrapped. Fresh mozzarella is sweeter, creamier and all-around delicious. We offer a range of shapes and sizes. Here are some tasty ways to enjoy each variety.
- Mozzarella Log: This is a larger version of our mozzarella ball that’s conveniently pre-sliced. Layer with fresh basil and tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic and top with a pinch of sea salt for the ultimate caprese salad.
- Mozzarella Ball: Try tearing our mozzarella ball into strips and using it to top pizzas. You can also cube it and toss with pasta, or slice and serve with your antipasto favorites.
- Burrata: Although burrata is made from mozzarella, it isn’t technically classified as such. The mozzarella used to make burrata is formed into a pouch and filled with a soft cream. The name literally means “butter” in Italian. Feel free to use it interchangeably with fresh mozzarella. We especially love it in our recipe for Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad.
- Fresh Ciliegine Mozzarella: These cherry-sized mozzarella balls are perfect for tucking into mushroom caps or folding into pastas.
- Fresh Mozzarella Pearls: These petite mozzarella pearls are ideal for any finger food dish. Try skewering them on toothpicks with a cherry tomato and drizzle of balsamic glaze. We also love using them in our recipe for Grilled Portabella Mushroom Caprese.
The King of Cheese
Parmigiano Reggiano has been crafted in the Parma Region of Italy for more than 800 years. Ours is single-sourced, meaning all the wheels come from the same dairy. During maturation, the cheese is regularly checked for quality and must meet the rigorous standards of the Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Consortium. The final product is nutty, savory, delicate and complex—a truly exceptional cheese.
Did you know:
- Parmigiano Reggiano is known worldwide as the “King of Italian Cheeses.”
- It takes approximately 150 gallons of high-quality milk to produce a 75 lb wheel.
- Each wheel is aged 12 months before it’s tested and granted the denomination “Parmigiano Reggiano.”
- At 18 months, the best wheels are selected to ensure the structure of the cheese is perfect.
- Those that pass the inspection are given a seal, and the wheels are left to carefully mature in Italy for a minimum of 24 months
How to serve it: We love baking this nutty, savory cheese into garnish-worthy crisps and adding it to an antipasto spread. Remember to keep the rind—it’ll add rich flavor to simmering soups, stocks and stews.
Parmigiano Reggiano Recipe Inspiration
There’s no limit to all the ways you can enjoy this savory, standout cheese. Here are some of our favorite recipes.
Our three-ingredient Parmesan Thyme Crisps are ready in just five minutes. Serve them with appetizers, use them to garnish a salad or keep them on hand for snacking. We also love adding this savory cheese to Mediterranean-inspired pasta salad, or garlicky swiss chard with white beans.
If you’re hosting a gathering, charcuterie is a must. Our distinctive, high-end charcuterie is imported from Italy. Every bite is full of flavor, and the pairing opportunities are endless!
- The Fresh Market Prosciutto Italiano: Whole pork legs are hand-coated in Himalayan sea salt and slowly cured for 12 months. The result is a sweet, salty, nutty prosciutto with a delicate, buttery texture we can’t resist. Serve alongside Parmigiano Reggiano, Piave cheese or fresh melon and enjoy with Prosecco or Grenache.
- The Fresh Market Salame di Parma: Fresh pork is combined with salt, pepper and garlic, then slow-aged for 60 days for a mild-tasting salami that’s been pressed for a distinctive look. Serve with smoked provolone cheese and Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir.
- The Fresh Market Calabrese Salame: Fresh pork is combined with paprika and Calabrian chili peppers, then slow-aged for 60 days for a smooth, spicy salame that pairs nicely with provolone cheese, Chianti or Pinot Gris.
- The Fresh Market Milano Salame: Fresh pork is combined with salt, pepper and garlic, then slow-aged for 60 days for a mild, smooth, classic salame. Pair with a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir and serve on sandwiches or with your antipasto platter!
Curated and Created for You
We pride ourselves on bringing you authentic, unique items that make it easy to eat well and entertain deliciously. Discover our own Italian offerings, from creamy gelato to artisan pasta.
Gelato is one of our favorite Italian traditions. Ours is imported from Italy, so it’s truly authentic. Each small batch is slow-churned and quickly frozen to retain its creamy texture.
Our authentic balsamic vinegar is made with grapes from Modena, Italy. From vine to bottle, this vinegar follows strict regulations to ensure the very best finished product.
Our delicate filled pastas are imported from Italy and made with only the finest ingredients using traditional recipes. Try everything from classic Five Cheese to Basil Mascarpone and Mediterranean Eggplant.
This delicacy comes from a 150-year family enterprise. The bronze-die cut texture helps the pasta cook evenly and hold sauce. Unlike some commercial pasta producers that use high heat to speed up the drying process, our pasta is dried slowly at low temperatures for 36 hours. This creates a deliciously lush texture when cooked.
This delicate, unfiltered olive oil is crafted from olives grown on a 6th generation family farm in the mountainous terrain of Umbria. Each olive is hand-picked to avoid damaging the fruit, and cold pressed to make a mild, fruity olive oil. We recommend this oil for everyday use. Try it with salads or drizzled over roasted vegetables.
Our mineral water comes from a natural spring enjoyed by Italians since ancient Roman times. In the Northern Appenine Mountains, melted snow and rainwater course deep underground where the water is filtered and purified through layers of rock. Through this natural process, the water picks up healthful minerals that may aid in digestion when enjoyed with a meal.
Comfort Food Favorites
If you’re craving comfort food, look no further. These prepared Italian favorites are delicious, authentic and perfect for easy weeknight meals. Find them in our Deli.
1Mama Mancini’s Italian Meatballs
Daniel Mancini learned his grandmother’s recipe for meatballs with authentic Italian sauce as a teenager. Now he’s made it possible for anyone to enjoy these traditional, slow-cooked flavors in a fraction of the time. Each meatball is made with 100% beef, formed by hand and slowly cooked in sauce for three hours. The flavor is truly unparalleled!
Arancini are stuffed rice balls that are coated with breadcrumbs and fried for a deliciously crispy texture and creamy center. Our traditional arancini are filled with a blend of feta and spinach or three cheeses. They’re ready to heat and serve with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping (we recommend our Classic Marinara).
These classic Italian turnovers are cheese, saucy and oh-so satisfying. Ours are made with the perfect ratio of dough and savory filling. Choose between Meatball or vegetarian-friendly Spinach Feta. Serve both with a generous portion of marinara sauce for dipping.
4The Fresh Market Lasagna
Our ready-to-bake, all natural lasagna features balanced, savory fillings made from premium ingredients, as well as layers of tender egg noodles crafted from a traditional Italian family recipe. Choose from savory Meat or Vegetable Lasagna—both are sure to be a hit!
It’s everything you love about ravioli, toasted and turned into an appetizer-worthy finger food. Ours are filled with an all-natural blend of cauliflower and smoky bacon. We recommend serving them with The Fresh Market Tomato Basil Sauce (for dipping, of course).
These popular baked goods showcase some of Italy’s sweetest traditions. Serve them at the end of an Italian feast or bring them to a party or gathering. They’re sure to impress!
Crisp on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside, and oh-so delicious—you can’t go wrong with classic cannoli. Crafted using a century-old family recipe, our cannoli are hand-filled in store. Choose between small or large sizes and original or chocolate flavors.
If cake is on the menu, we offer two Italian favorites. Our Italian Rum Cake is made with three layers of rum-infused vanilla cake, chocolate and vanilla custard. It’s covered in vanilla buttercream along with toasted slivered almonds. We also have Tiramisu Bar Cake featuring classic sponge cake, creamy mascarpone, buttercream icing and espresso.