It’s soup season!
There are plenty of reasons to love soup: lots of tasty, ready-to-heat choices, it’s simple to make from scratch, stores well for leftovers and is a delicious way to warm up on a cold winter’s day. We’ve got an expanded selection of The Fresh Market ready-to-heat soups in our deli, recipe ideas to savor and essential ingredients for your scratch-made creations.
Try Something New – In Your Soup Bowl
Short on time but craving a hearty bowl of soup? Try ours! Alongside guest favorites like Butternut Squash & Apple, Chicken Noodle, Organic Chicken Tortilla and New England Clam Chowder, we’ve created three new ready-to-heat soups and updated four recipes that are now vegetarian and organic.
New Soup(er) Recipes
- Lemon Chicken Orzo – Our original recipe is based off Greek Avgolemono Soup, complete with white meat chicken, orzo and spinach in a light, lemony vegetable stock. The flavors meld together wonderfully in this refreshing soup that’s satisfying yet not at all heavy.
- Lobster Bisque – We love this new soup (and think you will, too!). Made with lobster stock, lobster meat and potatoes in a creamy bisque spiked with sherry wine and French brandy, it all adds up to mouthwatering flavor that tastes homemade.
- Tomato Bisque (also vegetarian) – A classic tomato favorite that’s creamy, savory and full of tomato pieces that make it extra hearty. It’s the perfect accompaniment for a grilled cheese sandwich, a wedge of crusty Italian bread or a toasted slice of our Rosemary Sourdough Bread.
- Tomato Basil – Created based on a family recipe from The Fresh Market’s founder Ray Berry, this soup is a delicious medley of tomatoes, onions, carrots, spices and sherry wine. All are simmered in a rich vegetarian broth for a soup that reminds us of summer in every bite.
- Red Pepper & Smoked Gouda – Roasted red peppers and smoky gouda, a Dutch cheese with butterscotch and nutty undertones, add richness to this soup while maintaining a delicate texture. This vegetarian and gluten free soup is one of our most popular recipes!
- Broccoli & Cheddar – This guest favorite is now vegetarian – made with a creamy, vegetable base, diced broccoli and savory cheddar cheese. Our small sourdough boules make perfect bowls for any of our soups, but we particularly love to pair them with this recipe.
- Organic Lentil – This hearty, vegetarian and gluten free soup features lentils and garden vegetables simmered in a tomato base. Lentils provide protein while tomatoes, garlic, parsley and other spices kick up the flavor for a satisfying and balanced bowl of soup.
Stir Up Winter Goodness
Here are some of our favorite recipes for scratch-made stews and hearty vegetarian soups, as well as a handful of premium products that work beautifully as starters and shortcuts. If you want to simplify the prep process, we offer pre-cut vegetables and house-made mirepoix to save you time. We also have the best brands of bone broth (delicious enough to sip solo—trust us) and more heat-and-eat soups for easy, nourishing meals and flavorful recipes.
Start from Scratch >
These filling stews feature hearty meat and seafood like Chorizo sausage, flaky, tender cod and savory turkey meatballs. Each protein is accompanied by flavorful, quality ingredients that complement each other perfectly.
Eat Your Vegetables >
Fresh asparagus, winter squash, chipotle peppers and seasoned tomatoes take center stage in these vegetable-based soups. Each recipe is rich and satisfying for carnivores and vegetarians alike.
Mirepoix—a colorful mixture of celery, carrots and onions—is an essential base for nearly every soup and stew recipe. Instead of chopping and dicing vegetables (and potentially crying over some onions), use our house-made mirepoix kit to cut down on prep time.
Give this kit a try in our savory Butternut Squash Soup recipe. Once the ingredients are cooked, you simply blend them together, garnish and serve. Our soup is easy to make (especially with pre-cut ingredients) and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
You may hear people talk about bone broth, but not actually use it in your own cooking. Made from collagen-rich bones, herbs and spices simmered in water, this flavorful ingredient is gaining popularity for its health benefits. It’s rich in protein and minerals and is believed to reduce inflammation, aid in digestion and detoxification and support bone and joint health.
Bone broth can be made at home, although it’s time-consuming and takes several hours to simmer. (If it’s not simmered long enough, you miss out on essential nutrients from the bones themselves.) Whether you buy it pre-made or craft it yourself, bone broth is delicious as a soup base or a warm, nutritious beverage to sip during colder weather.
1Kettle and Fire
This premium broth comes from 100% grass-fed beef or organic chicken bones that are sourced from small family farms and slow-simmered for more than 20 hours. The extended simmering process leads to peak flavor and powerful nutritional value (from marrow, collagen and amino acids). Choose from Beef Bone Broth, Chicken Bone Broth and Mushroom Chicken Bone Broth.
2Zoup! Premium Broths
Zoup! Good, Really Good Broth is a high-quality bone broth that’s good enough to cook with—and drink! Their handcrafted bone broth is all-natural, non-GMO and hormone-free and comes in beef and chicken varieties. Enhance a comforting classic by using Zoup! in your favorite recipe for chicken noodle soup. Or, keep it simple and heat up a mug to sip on a cold day.
Pacific Foods offers soups, stocks and broths inspired by nature. There are no additives and no preservatives—just pure, organic goodness! Available in turkey and chicken varieties, Pacific Organic Bone Broths are made from bones slowly simmered with fresh vegetables, herbs, vinegar and water to create a savory broth that's rich in flavor and protein.
Heat and Eat Favorites
Here are some of our favorite heat-and-eat soups that require zero prep—just warm them up and enjoy!
1Karine & Jeff
A family-run business from the southwest of France, Karine & Jeff uses only the finest organic ingredients in their soups, purees, grains and vegetables. Their products are beautifully packaged in glass bottles and come in a medley of fresh, bright flavors, from Provencal soup made with vegetables and herbs from Provence, to Moroccan soup crafted with chickpeas, apricot, vegetables and spice.
2Fig Food Co.
These hearty soups are so flavorful, they’re only made with a touch of salt. They’re also 100% plant-based. Fig Food Co. uses simple, organic ingredients in their satisfying soup recipes. Choose from classics like their Wondrous Tomato Soup made with ripe tomatoes, vegetables and olive oil, or bold flavors like Mexican Bean & Rice Soup with smoky pinto beans, brown rice and spinach in a chipotle broth.
Love seafood soup, but short on time? Fishpeople’s bisques and chowders are made with sustainably-caught fish and zero artificial ingredients. They’re also incredibly easy to enjoy—simply heat your soup right in the pouch! Try Wild Crab Bisque made with Dungeness crab and Pacific pink shrimp blended with sweet onions, sherry, orange and cayenne, or Wild Seafood Bouillabaisse with rockfish, shrimp and clams.
4Pacific Organic Soup
Whether you’re in the mood for a comforting, easy meal or looking for quality ingredients for casseroles, pot pies or sauces, Pacific Organic Soups are thoughtfully made and consistently delicious. Choose from creamy blends like Crème Fraiche Tomato Soup, hearty recipes like Santa Fe Style Chicken Soup and recipe-ready condensed soups like Cream of Mushroom.